With spring just around the corner (the calendar says next Tuesday, even if I spent part of this morning clearing some residual snow from last week’s double-whammy storms), I realized that I had been remiss in updating my own “Calendar of Events”.
We car guys and gals patiently wait for those final traces of salt to be washed away so we can unhook the Battery Tenders, check fluid levels and tire pressures, and ease our old iron out into the early spring sunshine. It’s nice to be reminded that there will be plenty to do; here’s what’s on my calendar so far (and this is just the first two months of the season):
- March 31-April 8, 2018: the New York International Auto Show (Jacob Javits Center)
- April 18-22, 2018: Spring Carlisle Flea Market & Auction, Carlisle PA
- May 6, 2018: NJ Region AACA Annual Car Show, Morristown NJ (will enter my ’93 Miata)
- May 19-25, 2018: the New England 1000 Rally (will be rallying in my ’67 Alfa Romeo)
- May 26, 2018: NJ Region AACA – Hillsborough NJ Memorial Day Parade (will be driving either the Miata or the Alfa, TBD)
- June 2-3, 2018: the Greenwich CT Concours d’Elegance
Be sure to check this page frequently. Once show season starts, I’ll do my best to maintain this page and let you know what’s happening in the area.
All photographs copyright © 2018 Richard A. Reina. Photos may not be copied or reproduced without express written permission.